Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Reamer RPM Chart?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:28:04 GMT, "Jon"
wrote:

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
news:Y1ivj.8755$_T3.267@trnddc07...
Anyone have a good reamer RPM chart?

I usually figure 2/3 of drilling RPM, but that's not always good enough.

For instance, .885" dia. reamer into steel, shallow process only 3/4"
stroke... I would normally run at 100RPM or so... But I'm guessing that
is ultra conservative for some of you.

The reamer is removing .010" material if it matters.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Go to morse cutting tool's website. In their PDF catalog are some great
charts we downloaded this week.

http://www.morsecuttingtools.com/catalog.asp

That looks like a modern version of a pocket edition of a "Machinist's
Practical Guide" that Morse published in 1980 and sold for $1.20. I
got my copy for a quarter last summer complete with it's own supply of
waterproofing oil.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada