Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default OT Fuel Sender ?'s

nick hull wrote:
In article ,
ED wrote:

Burning project of the moment is a dead fuel gauge sys on the ol'
farm tractor. 70's vintage IHC lots of german made cast iron for
those appreciating that type of stuff.. Anyhow I condemened the
origional components and with a Napa gauge and sending unit kit
I can get it to work ok but I get a higher reading on the gauge then
is indicated..IOW the gauge reads 1/2 full when it should read empty.

Any tricks to get around this that anyone like to share? Some sort
of E magic or is it a case of throw away and try again.. I did do
some neat metalworking to replicate the OEM sender....hate to waste
that.. ED

Sounds like the sender is not matched to the gauge.
Is there a calibration routine?