Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Low clearance drilling

On Feb 21, 1:16*pm, "Proch" wrote:
Yes, this is exactly what I'm dealing with. *A load bearing beam in my
cellar, with 2x8s in top of it, and a floor on top of that. *I'm trying to
get up the wall to run all my wires between my plasma, new outlet and
basement. *I want the hole to be big enough to run a VGA connector through,
as my grand scheme involves being able to view my server on the tv. *Of
course, if I drop the requirement for the VGA, I can use my really long 1"
drill bit and maybe fit my drill into the hole that I created for the outlet
and drill downward.

In that case get one of these at any hardware store and drill at a
slight angle
http://secure.data-comm.com/DC/Detail.bok?no=88553