Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default making u-channel

MatthewK wrote:
I need some u-channel that is an odd size. I want the stock to be about
1/16 inch thick or less and the dimensions would be: 1/8" x 3/8" x 12"

Can I make this myself without the use of a brake while still having
right-angles? Can I have sheetmetal worker fabricate this cheaply?

What material? What tolerance? How many?

That bend radius is a show stopper regardless.

I would mill a piece of 1/8 x 3/8 bar and run a 1/4" cutter down the center of one side
say, 1/16" deep. You could do that in aluminum or steel or plastic and have nice sharp
corners.

--Winston