Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Belt sander: Smoke escape!

Thanks Don,

The motor spins freely, I suspect the 18A problem was something to do
with the switch/Relay combo. Maybe using just the start winding when I
wired in a conventional switch.

The motor works fine if I just connect direct to the two main wires,
it is just that I can't guarantee direction. {grin} Not all that good
for a belt sander. The motor obviously does not have a centrifgual
start-switch so I can't just add a start cap.

Perhaps you are right, time to replace it. Bummer. The best 15-bucks I
ever spent.

Dave