Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Question on potentially sediment-clogged dishwasher (how to diagnose & repair)?

"Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote in
message

I'm sorry for being confused but can you point to what in this picture,
showing the water at the most I can get out now (which is vastly less than
the day before the water heater was replaced) I should open up to clean
out
the sediment?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279157295/

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Donna

PS I'm confused if I should post to this thread or to the long thread so
I'll try to keep an eye on both!

The clog is probably inside the assembly. I can't see from the picture how
to disassemble it, but it can be. The handle probably has a set screw
holding it in place. There is probably something that has to be screwed off
to get tot he diverter inside. Thee appears to be a screw holding the bezel
on at the 2 o'clock position. Perhaps there is one at 8 o'clock also? Hard
to say what tools are needed. Could be a snap ring or clip holding the guts
in place.