Posted to alt.home.repair
Nubs Nubs is offline

Default Exterior paint on interior?

I want to paint the interior walls of my garage.

The garage is under the house, has concrete block about half way up, and
the rest is drywalled. Originally, the builder rolled/sprayed on a thin
coat of mix, and dragged a roller through it.

I had painted interior paint on the walls. Now, since washing the vehicles
inside after many years, the mud is peeling in places from the drywall. The
garage is not heated, but stays warmer than the outside air temperature.

Can I use exterior paint on the drywall? Do I have to use a primer on bare
drywall where the mud has come off? Should I primer all areas, even the
area where the mud/texture has not come off?

One last point. Can I use exterior paint on the concrete block? Should I
prime the block, which has never been painted?

Many thanks.