Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Leaky valve problem

nick hull wrote:
In article ,
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

You could put a cap on the output pipe. With a couple of nice handles
for easy & fast removal. Bob

I'll probably do that in any case. The cap will cost $44 (2,5"
firehose) ;(

Nick, If it's going to feed a pump or a nozzle make sure that anything
you put on it cannot come off easily. Loose crud doesn't help a nozzle.
We use a silicon grease on the valves on our rigs. Shame you aren't
closer we have a LOT of spare 2.5" stuff around the station.

That price for an NST thread cap is WAY high. We buy them for about 10
bucks for the lightweight aluminum and 22 for brass. Check with a local
station or service shop.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York