Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Ballpark figure needed: how many litres heating oil per day

On 20 Feb, 20:15, MM wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:29:34 -0000, "Clive George"

wrote:
"MM" wrote in message
.. .
Typical new three-bed detached house, well insulated, new oil boiler,
average temperature in most rooms maintained to around 22 degrees C
from 8 am to 10 pm.

How much oil will the boiler consume very approximately in winter in
the UK? 5 litres per day? 10 litres? Much more? Much less?

Where in the UK? South coast or north Scotland will give rather a lot of
difference...

The Fens

MM

This may not be the most helpful way to express the answer but here we
go...

Our 1200 litre tank is about 1m tall and we use roughly 1cm a day in
the cold bits of the winter. Almost too little to measure in the
summer.
That means a tank full lasts about 3 months so we fill it once or
twice a year depending.
Also on the edge of the fens we find that wind rather than cold is the
determining factor in oil usage here.