Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Fast drying polyurethane??

Sac Dave wrote:
For what it's worth I just used Minwax water based Polycrylic on a computer
work station . Really easy, can recoat every 2 hours. Came out pretty nice.
Then I poured it straight in a spray gun ( cup gun) to see how that would
do. Didn't even thin it down sprayed like a dream. The water based finishes
have come a long way.

If you think that worked well, try some ML Campbell Ultrastar water
based lacquer.

It dries dust-free in 10-15 minutes, is sandable in ~ 40, and you'd be
done with three coats in 2 hours. G Ultrastar also gives a far nicer
final look than Polycrylic, as it's got a slight amber dry color, and
can be rubbed out with no witness lines.

When I want more of an amber color, I rub the wood down with Robert's
sealer (1/3 each, Sealcoat, Real turpentine, and Boiled Linseed Oil),
which can be overcoated with US the next day. Scuff with 400 after the
sealer, and between clear coats.

I pay ~ $28/gal. for Ultrastar, via my Pratt and Lambert paint dealer.
You'll have to ask for it, it won't be on the shelf. Data sheets are @
mlcampbell.com