Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Question on potentially sediment-clogged dishwasher (how to diagnose & repair)?

My GE Nautilus dishwasher just stopped working right after a major plumbing
repair (hot water heater replacement) - is there a sediment filter on the
dishwasher somewhere?

After closing the dishwasher door and turning it on, the water starts but
never has enough pressure to spin the sprinkler. It won't drain either, it
seems, so after every test, I have to mop it up.

My shower heads were all clogged with grainy particles after a recent
hot-water heater replacement - those were easy to clean out - but I suspect
the same happened here as the kitchen sink slowed down to a crawl also.

I can't get the dishwasher out (it seems to be tiled in), even after
unbolting the top single bolt and lowering the legs as far as they can go.

Maybe, just maybe I can hacksaw off the bottom so I can get it out and
replace it but I'd rather first do some intelligent research.

Is there an easy to locate sediment trap or motor reset on a basic
dishwasher? Can I get a troubleshooting manual for a GE Nautilus washer on
the web?

I'll keep digging but any advice you have will be wondrous!
Your efforts won't be wasted as I'll try to be responsive and give back to
the group so others benefit from your efforts.

Donna