Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Bull**** by the numbers

"Pete C." wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

Some of those Toyota ads during the Daytona 500 were amazing. I owned a
Toyota SR5, and it was a good truck, but just a wannabe truck.

They say the PU will take 30,000 of energy, and drop an obviously empty
box
into the bed from a height, suspended from a helicopter.

Now, I know the box didn't weigh 30,000# or the tires would have burst.
know that an object gains energy as it falls.

Can anyone estimate what the box actually weighed?

I think the ad is misleading to the 99% of the people who don't
understand
what they are seeing.

Some of those other ads are very questionable to me, too. Show me real
life
situations, and not something that I'll never ever run into in driving.

Steve

This is what happens when you let clueless marketing dweebs read and
misinterpret technical literature and then have the ad copy run by
equally clueless lawyers.

I'm surprised that they didn't have a buxom blonde with big hair in there
running an OA torch (with acetylene valve only open) and wearing a tank top
and a welding hood.

Steve