Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Bull**** by the numbers

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
news:voiuj.619$JF.216@trnddc01...
SteveB wrote:
Some of those Toyota ads during the Daytona 500 were amazing. I owned a
Toyota SR5, and it was a good truck, but just a wannabe truck.

They say the PU will take 30,000 of energy, and drop an obviously empty
box into the bed from a height, suspended from a helicopter.

Now, I know the box didn't weigh 30,000# or the tires would have burst.
I know that an object gains energy as it falls.

Can anyone estimate what the box actually weighed?

I think the ad is misleading to the 99% of the people who don't
understand what they are seeing.

Some of those other ads are very questionable to me, too. Show me real
life situations, and not something that I'll never ever run into in
driving.

Steve

They're doing the same kind of crap that Ford has done in some of their
ads, dropping supposedly heavy loads into the bed from various altitudes.
did you notice that the cables (two of them) were still attached after the
"load" landed? I always take anything I see in a commercial with a BLOCK
of salt! :-)

Jim

Never even thought of the two cables, but in order to guide it into the bed,
they would have to be somewhat taut, and that would take SOME of the load.

Steve