Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ancillary roofing considerations

In article ,
"John Grabowski" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
I admit to not taking notes when this topic was discussed recently, but
I'm planning to have a new roof put on this year.

I recall that others had expected the roofers to do some things that,
apparently, roofers don't do unless specifically addressed and included
in the contract - yet they are things that ought to be done concurrently
by someone, anyway. What were those things? (The roof is a simple,
low-pitch gable.)

If you were planning on some additional roof penetrations for bath exhaust
fans, kitchen exhaust fans, roof vents, etc. now would be the time to have
them installed. I wouldn't rely entirely on ridge vents for removing excess
heat from the attic.

Check. Not much going on in the way of excess heat in that area, though.