Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:30:25 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:

BTW, I found that the Impala never came with a 3.1.
It's a 3.4 or 3.8.

--Vic

Duh, brain fart on my part. It is indeed a 3.4, which is a 2.8/3.1
based engine. Same basic engine, but larger displacement.

I was thinking about an Impala as my next used car, but have to check
out the 3.4 first. Might go for a Malibu which I can get with a 3.1.
In 2005 I rented a Malibu with 2.2 for a Florida trip and got 34mpg
highway. Seemed less thirsty in the city than a six, and had plenty
of power for me. I was surprised when I checked the oil before the
trip, and found it was a 2.2. A lot different than the 2.2 I have in
the '90 Corsica. Much quieter and more powerful.

--Vic