Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Coaxial cable without a connector

wrote in message
On Feb 9, 1:33 pm, "gonzo" wrote:
It's just a small signal to your TV, no high voltages or currents present.
Having said that, couldn't you buy a connector and fit it yourself?
The signal may be poor or intermittant, the outer shielding should be
connected also.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Gonzo (and Baron). Yes, I will try to find a connector which
I can install. My main concern was whether I could use that cable for
a while BEFORE I got around to getting a new connector for it.

Sure Why not. I think the risk for interference that others were talking
about is minimal. I have a tv that is hooked up that way right now, simply
because I lost the connector and the tv is in my workshop. It doesn't get
used too much so I really don't care if the picture is a bit snowy on some
channels. If I were you I'd get a connector just to make sure I had a good
picture.

Mike