Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Very small screws.

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Keith contains these
words:

In message , Zen83237
writes
What size screws are used in specticles and where can I get them,
other than
an opticians that is. I am forever losing the perishing things out of my
glasses.I suppose soem sort of model supplies must have very small
screws or
instrument suppliers.

Kevin

My local pound shop (poundland) has spectacle repair kits, including
screws for, you guessed it, a pound

That's where I got the screws for my husband's spectacles. He was
forever losing the screw, always from the same side - I deduced that
it's the way he takes his glasses off, putting stress on the same
side all the time.

The screw is more likely to stay in place if you drop a blob of
clear nail varnish on it, once it's in place...

Having been trained as a surgical instrument maker, I use a very small
hammer and dome the exposed end of the thread. It will never come out and
you can still use the screw head to adjust the friction.

Colin Bignell