Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron Baron is offline

Default Coaxial cable without a connector

wrote:

I've got the main cable-tv cable leading from outside the apartment
into an opening in my storage room. That cable is attached to a
splitter so I can join the four cables which run to the four jacks
throughout my apartment.

One of those four cables does not have an RF connector on end of it.
The cable is just bare, with the pin (core) and the various sheathing
of the cable exposed.

Even without a connector to screw the cable onto the splitter
securely, the signal works good enough if I just slide the pin into
the spitter.

My question: will this create any type of hazard? The cable tv
company wants to charge for a housecall just to come out and put a new
connector on the end of this cable. But I'm wondering if it's safe
enough just to stick the pin in and wrap some electrical tape around
it to hold it in place? Anyone know?

You can buy the proper connector very cheaply. 30 to 50 pence ea.
--
Best Regards:
Baron.