Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Do any DVD recorders of VCRs come with RF Modulator for Ch 3use?

b wrote:
Andy wrote:

When VCRs quit, it's usually (in my experience) the transport
mechanism. The other stuff is still workable, and using it as
just an RF modulator should be very practical, unless you are
playing back a store bought, copy protected DVD.......

at that point one would have to remove the modulator anbd power it
with a wall wart type power supply (old mobile phone chargers for
example). usually in the region of 5-12v dc, you may also need a pot
to attenuate the composite video signal so it doesn't saturate. i've
saved a few old tvs without AV inputs by adding these little boxes so
people can use them with dvds , video games , etc...

-B

Actually, I mostly use mine for a tuner, although the transport works
fine and gets used from time to time.

jak