Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Victory Victory is offline

Default Source of 5 pins potentiometers?

I am in the same boat - I know it is 1K as I stated earlier. The two
pins on the sides are for an OFF/ON switch. As I said, they aren't
giving me any indication besides this that I read on the baggie at the
store :

P1K - SW
6222-20 5 Pin

Not much help, I don't think...

On Feb 7, 4:18 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Victory wrote:

Hi,

The place I was buying my 5 pin potentiometers has run out. I phoned
a couple of places, but they need part numbers (which I don't have and
can't get from the store - they must know that I am outsourcing and
there is nothing listed on the part). When I asked for a 1K
potentiometer with 5 pints on the phone to Mouser andhttp://www.potentiometers.com
, it was like asking if they had seen a unicorn, so I am wondering if
these are rare. They told me they have lots of 3 pin, but not 5 pin.

Any ideas or places to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Here is what is the potentiometer looks like:

http://davidd.250free.com/resistor.gif

I know it might not be enough to go on, but maybe someone can point me
in the right direction.

Brand, part number, resistance, physical size, wattage, taper? that
looks like a transistor radio volume control with a switch from the
front, but you haven't given us ANYTHING to work with.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida