Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.home.repair,alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Repairing LCD TV - Westinghouse LTV-32W3

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 18:11:23 GMT, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

here electonic parts with metal case removed:
http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.c...v/IMG_0017.JPG

I have no experience with LCD TVS (only LCD monitors), but I'm
wondering what is inside the tuner/IF can that warrants a heatsink for
this module? And why do the other chips require such massive heatsinks
when I see nothing of that kind in LCD monitors or digital STBs?

- Franc Zabkar