Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Fluke 79 acting up

James Sweet wrote:

I invested in a moulded rubber surround for my 77, after repairing one
that had been jarred and the main SMD chip had loosened. Someone I know
managed to put his knee on his, while working on the floor, and also
dislodge the main chip. Both repaired after attending to the main chip.

I have the rubber surround, and it hasn't been jarred, it was sitting in the
closet where I always keep it.

I ordered a Fluke 187, I've wanted true RMS for a while anyway. When that
gets here I'll use it to try to fix the 77 and use that as a backup.

187,189 has been discontinued by fluke and replaced with a 287,289..

So beware of people selling you out dated meters.

get a 289, you'll like it!

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:
Can't think of any, that's why i'm here!"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"