Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Auto Antenna

On 2/4/08 2:26 AM, in article , "Jakthehammer"
wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 01:45:53 -0500, "Paul Del Priore"

wrote:

:I have a new Lexus 400h and live a distance away from the FM stations I
like
:to listen to. Reception is very poor very dependent on direction of
vehicle.
:I blame the window antenna. Would I be better off with a whip antenna?
:
:Paul
:

Not necessarily. Will depend on transmitted FM power, distance from Tx,
and
intervening terrain between Tx and Rx antenna.

How far is "quite a distance"?

By design FM transmitters are not designed to go very far. Antenna will
not help.

ONLY AM, SHORTWAVE, SSB, and MICROWAVE. The 2 Meter can go far because of
the repeater station, but that's a different story.

Yak...

Total BS.

Please disregard this guy.