Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc mc is offline

Default Auto Antenna

"Paul Del Priore" wrote in message
I have a new Lexus 400h and live a distance away from the FM stations I
like to listen to. Reception is very poor very dependent on direction of
vehicle. I blame the window antenna. Would I be better off with a whip
antenna?

Probably, but you may also have a defective radio. If an FM radio loses one
or two transistors, often the only symptom is a loss of sensitivity.
Compare to another car radio in the same location tuned to the same
stations.

How far away are your stations? FM signals travel in straight line-of-sight
paths -- there is no ground wave as with AM, nor ionospheric reflection. 50
miles is about the limit.