Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default dropped calls from my land line

On 02 Feb 2008 12:21:27 -0500, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Andre writes:

My phone lines drops calls intermittently. As soon as the call's
gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop
again. Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped
calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." I have DSL, cordless
phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Simplest explanation would be a bad connection in the phone or line.

Nah, it's a sure sign that The Dept. Of Homeland Hysteria is being
equipped by the lowest bidder.