Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus[_2_] Autolycus[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing Built In Oven And Hob

"Si" $3o&m wrote in message
In message , EricP
writes
The
only thing that's really changing is the new hob is an induction one
rather than a solid hot plate. I hear can they require a bit more
oomph.

Sadly you said the words "induction hob".

It is likely that your present supply cable is not suitable to supply
the new power requirements and you will need a new cable from the
consumer unit to the kitchen. Only someone with good knowledge can
advise you, after seeing what you already have, and this would be an
electrician.

I thought (read in a Bosch/AEG glossy) that induction hobs were more
energy efficient? I assumed that would mean their power requirements
would be lower. Why am I wrong?

Energy = Power * time If they are rated at the same power, but are
quicker, then they'll use less power. They *may* use less power to
simmer, too.

I'm about to install a Bosch induction hob, rated at 7.2kW. I'm wary of
using the diversity factor permitted in the OSG, so it will be on its
own circuit with 6mm2 cable (4m long) and a 32A mcb.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***