Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default LCD Monitors- how to choose ?

pg wrote:
snip
Personally I still use CRT. Perhaps I'm old fashion.

Company replacing the CRT with LCD because it'd be counted as expenses
- and that is good for the company in a sense - don't need to pay so
much taxes.

I have a friend who works IT for a large law firm. He's had to replace
an inordinate number of Dell lcds'. Recently it came across his desk
that his firm has been engaged to handle a class-action against Dell for
a particular model monitor which fails prematurely.

He's a little conflicted over the situation, because he was the one who
negotiated the Dell contract, and still has to deal with Dell support
concerning the (probably) thousands of Dell products in use at the firm....

jak