Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Do any DVD recorders of VCRs come with RF Modulator for Ch 3use?

wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:30:26 -0600,
wrote:

I have a perfectly good 27" analog tube TV...... but
only has one input....a coaxial input to the tuner.

In order to use this TV for SD digital reception I am
looking for a VCR or DVD recorder that has atsc tuner
but also has built in RF modulator.

Does anyone know if such units exist that are atsc and
can be used on ch 3?

As far as I know, ALL VCRs have modulators built in, at least all the
older ones. You can run a DVD player thru a VCR and to the tv, if you
dont want to buy a separate modulator.

Doesn't usually work that well. The copy protection on the DVD kicks in
and varies the brightness on the output in cyclic fashion...not pretty.

jak