Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected] Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov is offline

Default LCD Monitors- how to choose ?

pg wrote:

When we were using CRTs, it normally lasted 5 to 7 years before it
gives us problem. Now with LCD monitors, the attrition rate is just
too high ! I mean, after a year or two and many started to drop like
flies. It's getting to the point that it ain't funny anymore.

Wow, your a real downer. I just got an LCD monitor that I had hoped
would last 5 yrs or more.

I don't know if this will help but you can search the FCC numbers, you
can get who built it and more info than the specs.

https://www.part68.org/tteSearch.aspx
or
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm

A very good FCC search was www.part68.org/tte.cfm but it's 404 now
--

When a CNN split screen shows a white person, then a black person,
then a white person, the anchor has the presence of mind to call it a