Whunicut

Default 6 volt Hobbs meter

I recently was high bidder for a NOS, 6 volt, Hobbs meter.

Gads. I have no idea what a Hobbs meter is. You got one
on this old goat. Is it an hourmeter?

Any time you want to go from 12 to 6 volts in a small
instrument (if that's what this is) then the best way
is to see what the current draw is, and use an appropriate
solid state semiconductor regulator chip, in this case it
would take in 12 volts and produce 6 volts regulated.

The sticky spot is to see how much power the regulator
will be dissipating, and if it's a lot, then to drop
some of the power in a series resistor.

Do you have any idea of the current draw?

Jim

Dern it, I should have explained better.
Yes, it is an hourmeter. Round and made to fit in an instrument panel hole
approx 2 1/8 dia.
Nope, have no idea what the current draw is. How do I measure that?
Semi conductor chip....is this what is called a zener by someone else?

Thanks,
Warren