Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein Bill Rubenstein is offline

Default wood lathe copying attachment

I'm going to suggest a device (not of my invention) which might work for
you...

You need to mount a dowel behind your bat blank, and parallel to it. On
that dowel you have a number of fingers made from wood, wire, metal,...,
whatever, which are free to rotate on the dowel but are fixed in
position left to right. You adjust the length of each finger so that
when you use a parting tool on the blank where that finger is, it will
drop down when the blank is the right diameter.

So, now you mount the blank, get it round, then set the diameter at each
finger with a parting tool. When that is done, you just need to connect
the work you've already done.

I hope that is clearer than mudg.

Bill

Bruce Barnett wrote:
" writes:

The only thing I have to wacth out just those terorist.

Carry a bat.