Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mksanny@gmail.com is offline

Default Home Roofing claim

Hi,

I had the roof of my house replaced by a construction company due to
hail damage. The damage was covered by my home insurance policy less
the deductible.

6 months later I have a leak in the ceiling of one of my bedrooms. We
have not settled the charges with the construction company yet, as my
mortgage company needs to get involved in endorsing the checks from my
insurance company and this has taken time.

Do I inform the mortgage company of the leaks in the ceiling? Is
there any value in letting the mortgage company know of this issue?

Any insight would be appreciated.