Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Domestic grease trap?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:
I normally try not to put any fat down our sink and when I do, I make
sure I use plenty of detergent & hot water but I was a bit horrified
when our drains were dug up (for an extension, not for blockage) to
see this.

http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/images/yuck.jpg

I'm going to be a *lot* more careful in the future but given that
everything is getting revamped, I was wondering about a grease trap
for the drain. A quick seach just seems to throw up catering sized
traps. Are there any smaller ones for domestic use?

Now you know why I tip caustic down at regular intervals.

Can't see why you'd need to. You don't have to put insoluble fat down a
drain. If you don't keep it for re-use - as our parents or grandparents
used to do - put it in a container and out with the rubbish.

--
*I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.