Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Birds pecking at roof shingles

On Jan 20, 3:09*pm, (Pdk Pdk) wrote:
* * *I just paid to have a porch roof shingled, due to damage primarily
caused by dozens of pecking birds eager for grit I suppose. *This roof,
on the sunny side of the house, seems to attract *birds (and even the
occasional squirrel).
* * * *Now that I've gotten a new roof, any suggestions on how to keep
birds OFF the thing?? * My roofer had no suggestion other than to
contact the state DOT to find out what stuff they use to repel birds
from roosting places under bridges, and then offer to buy some repellent
from them. * There MUST be a simpler way!
* * * * *I'd much appreciate any help on this!

What bird or squirrel eats roofs, a strip of copper or zinc at the Top
keeps off mold and im sure animals, what did you have an organic corn
base roof?? Its strange.