Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely & Utterly OT; Handyman charges

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:47:26 +0000, Dave wrote:

The logo at the top left takes a few seconds to load, even on
broadband:

No problem at this end downloading the page. It is presented
instantly.

Dave Using bt openworld.

The logo image took a few seconds to be fully loaded over an average
broadband connection. Not surprising as it it over 1/2 a Megabyte.
For fun I resized it to 295 x 146 (same size as the one on the web
page is scaled to) the resultant file is just 14 kilobytes and
actually looks better )no jaggies) as the graphics package resize
does a better job than the browsers on the fly rescaling.

Point taken. Sorry to be dim, but how would I resize it? What software?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk