Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to mount a mirror to a cabinet door

Dave wrote:
Planning to mount a mirror to the door of a wall cabinet. The door
will probably either be wood or some type of particle board.

Wondering what the best way to do this is. The first thing I thought
of is to glue it. But sometimes you can see the glue through the
mirror.

Then use a decent mirror and the proper glue.

Any recommendations as to either the right type of adhesive which
wouldn't cause this problem (or how to prevent it) or another way to
mount the mirror? I'm concerned that anything other than glue might
not be rigid enough since the door will obviously be moving.

(Note: Google has turned up some silicone based mirror/glass
adhesive... buts it not clear if this would avoid the problem I
described).

I just go into the place that makes the mirrors and say 'glue please'

Looks a lot like 'no more nails'

Sticks like **** to a bklanket.

Thanks!
David