Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Completely & Utterly OT; Handyman charges

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Sorry if this annoys anyone, but I did head the post accordingly!

I've decided to review my pricing structure, firstly to make it easier to
communicate to customers and secondly to increase my margin. I'm constantly
booked up for weeks ahead & the Fair Trader thing is generating extra
business - I also feel it adds value to my services (I'm the only accredited
handyman in the scheme).

If anyone would care to comment I'd appreciate your thoughts. Off group if
you prefer

The charges are on my site
http://www.medwayhandyman.co.uk/www/charges.htm

Thanks in advance.

To increase your margins, I would put your first hour up to £49-95 and
pro rata after that. Costs have gone up in the last year, so why have
yours not?

I went to my local ex Rover garage today to have 2 stop/tail lights
changed and he only charged £2-00. . The bulbs must cost that much. I
told him that it was too cheap, but he said that it was customer service
and that it would bring more custom back. But £1-00 for a bulb change
looks like too small a cost to me.

Dave