Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TCT Core Drills

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:46:12 +0000, Skipweasel wrote:

In article ,
says...
IMHO: Seriously, don't use one without a clutch. It will snag
(especially with the large core). Unless you have forearms like Charles
Atlas it will rip out of your hands and you will break your wrist or
your nose/cheekbone as my unlucky friend found out when the clutch on
his B&Q cheapy failed.

I must have arms like Charles Atlas then! My B&Q £30 SDS drill snatched
a few times doing a 110mm hole in hard brick - it wasn't nice but it
didn't throw me off the ladder.

What helped was keeping the hole wet. Apart from keeping the dust down
the slurry seems to help the drilling process.

It would have to be very wet, I tried that way but did not get it wet
enough. It would have to be jetted into the hole during drilling.
Half wet is much much worse than dry.

You can get proper wet core drilling systems if you really want to do it
this way...

--
Cheers,

John.