Posted to uk.d-i-y
shaun shaun is offline

Default TCT Core Drills

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...

After 2 years of venting tumble dryers, fitting waste pipes etc I finally
decided to buy a TCT Core Drill set from Toolstation. Cheap enough @£25
ish so worth a punt and its seems pretty well engineered.
www.toolstation.com part number 41361.

The 8mm taper drill guide looks pretty much like an 8mm masonry drill and
appears to be a taper fit. I assume the drift keys are to remove it, but
why 2?

So you can still get the bit out when you lose the first one?

I have a 620w Wickes SDS with clutch, powerful enough? Failing that I
have a Wickes High Torque mains drill, around 85Nm torque - but no clutch,
just a large side handle. Don't fancy using that much :-)

IMHO: Seriously, don't use one without a clutch. It will snag (especially
with the large core). Unless you have forearms like Charles Atlas it will
rip out of your hands and you will break your wrist or your nose/cheekbone
as my unlucky friend found out when the clutch on his B&Q cheapy failed.