Seppo Renfors

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

Tom McDonald wrote:

Gary Coffman wrote:

[..]
As I mentioned previously, surface blisters are not what we're
looking for in terms of the porosity characteristic of pure copper
casting. What we need to see is a foam of microscopic bubbles,
and clusters of tiny visible bubbles deep in the metal on the
radiographs. That's absent from the other radiographs on the
site.

Yes, that's why I was interested in your take on R666/55786.
If there were other good examples of melted copper, I'd have
expected that the web site would have presented them.

IT DOES!! It has been pointed to several times already. Your recent
posting is regurgitating what you have posted before. An apparent
casual visual inspection by the Museum curator, nothing more. Here is
the URL again - and don't forget to scroll down a bit!!

http://www.iwaynet.net/~wdc/copper.htm

As it is,
it looks as though I'll have to dig for other examples that
might show casting.

Listen if the seriousness of your "looking" is equal to your looking
on the web site - give it a miss. You wouldn't see anything anyway.

--
SIR - Philosopher unauthorised
The one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is