Tom McDonald

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

Inger E Johansson wrote:
"Tom McDonald" skrev i meddelandet

snip

What strikes me about the copper blob we're discussing is that
if it were to have been overpour or other waste from a casting
event, I'd expect it to have been added to a 'try again' pile,
to be melted with other smaller bits for later casting. Of
course, it could have just been forgotten. I'll have to look in
the reports for indications of ceramics, with a specific concern
for what might have been used as crucibles.

If I remember it correctly, saw a report at my friend's house the other day,
it was in an Ohio site such was found or at least ceramics found was
believed to have been used as crucibles.

Inger E

Inger,

I'd like to have information about that site in Ohio. I'm
especially interested in:

Date(s) and culture(s) of the ceramics;

Reports and photos about the potential crucibles;

Location(s) of the find(s);

References to work on the artifacts, and/or primary
investigator(s) on the studies.

Thanks.

Tom McDonald