Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Radiator Brackets

John wrote:
"Grunff" wrote in message
Andy wrote:
hello all and happy new year

When fitting radiator brackets which it the correct way of fitting the
brackets. Is it better to fit them with the wide side against the wall or
is it better to fit them with the narrow side. It would seem to me the
narrow side as to have a bigger gap between the wall and the radiator.

The reason they have different side lengths is so you can choose depending
on your situation.

--
Grunff

Is it a hang over from finned and non-finned radiators?

I am sure you will get better convection and therefore higher output if
the gap from the wall is greatest - especially with big skirting boards.

However in some situations minimising thickness is preferable.