Posted to alt.home.repair
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Dirty Sock Syndrome Trane Heat Pump

Thank you. Any information on these coated coils that are supposed to be
anti-contaminating. I have read that UV lights do not work. This all so
frustrating. I'm actuilly considering junking this thing and going in a
different direction.

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 7:47 am, (The Freon Cowboy)
wrote:
potentially. yes , op is in georgia, very high relative humidity,
your mileage may vary .

cln wrote:
On Dec 26, 11:02=A0am, (The Freon
Cowboy)wrote:$

you can clean it all you want , but once you get dss , you'll have it
fore=over without replacing the coil ,p problem is , heatpumps , never
get
hot enough to kill the microbes that ex=2ist7 on the coil , as regular
furnaces do,n ultimate solution , is ultraviolet , like sanuvox , or
aprilaire- contact your local hvac dealer for more info and pricingy
kr"JB" wrote:a For those who would

understand

the subject line should say it all. In Nor=8th- Hide quoted text -eg -
Show
quoted text -j.So as a potential first time home builder, i can expect
this if
i buy.a new heat pump?ew^JB, I feel you pain on repairs. In this town, all
is
overpriced. 10%6on construction from the next city!

I would guess a program of yearly cleaning is in order, you have mold
growing somewhere. A new coil would probably get contaminated soon
since the conditions still exist, maybe a consensate drain is clogged.
I dont know if bleach will harm aluminum, you need to try a different
tech, perhaps a UV light will help.