Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default dado rail on stairs

"Peter" wrote in message
I'm trying to run a dado rail on a wall going up a set of stairs and
then along a landing.

I can't work out how to cut the joint where the horizontal (landing)
run meets the stair wall run. Am I right in my guess that you set the
internal angle on a sliding bevel, measure it with a protractor, and
then halve it to get the right saw cut on both pieces?

They're in the same plane ie not turning a corner...

TIA
--
peter
--

I can't quite see how this will join up. The piece running parallel with the
stairs will be cut diagonally and the landing piece will be cut square. ie,

mark