Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default Silicone sealant: price range

wrote:
How much should I be paying for a decent tube of silicone to seal
around basin and bath?
Screwfix have tubes ranging in price from 2 pounds to over 8 pounds.
At the top end of this price range are you paying for the "label"?
What brand do people in the trade use?

I recently had to rainproof the edges of a lean-to and discovered that
Poundland sold tubes of various sealants. I got half a dozen tubes of black
gutter sealant for less than the price of one tube at B&Q and it's brilliant
stuff - went on easily, no stringing, set up a treat, stuck like wotsit to a
doodah.

Don't know if they had anything suitable for your job but it's worth a look.

Si