Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Broken antenna on RC car

wrote in message
On Dec 17, 4:08 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
wrote in message

Seconding this, most high-end RC transmitters will transmit on a
variety of frequencies within a specific range, changed by crystal.

The difference in frequency is less than 5% -- probably less than 2%.
That isn't a major difference in antenna length.

Inches, anyway. I do notice that when I trim the antenna "correctly",
I will get about another foot of depth before the "No-Signal" blow-
ballast (Sub-Saver) relay kicks in. There are several of us on our bit
of creek, so we are acutely sensitive to frequency and try to be
several steps apart, at least.

When I visited a friend in Texas some years back with my R/C submarine, we
managed to get it to dive (in a swimming pool) to a point well beyond the
maximum spec'd radio range, and it got stuck (even though the "descent
propeller" had shut off), because it didn't have enough bouyancy to rise
from that depth!