Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Broken antenna on RC car

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jamie wrote:

Ah, Just cut up a hanger and stick it in there! ))

Why don't you 'Stick it', Jamie? You aren't the least bit funny, and
a cut off hanger stuck into the remote could cause a severe injury, or
death.

Piano wire, with a closed loop on the end makes a nice antenna,
becasue it won't catch on anything, and is springy enough to resist
damage.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Though a Hanger "could" work in a pinch, I agree with Michael. Most of those
RC type antennas are a thin metal which has some play to it. The regular RC
antennas are thinner and thus "lighter" than a "Hanger". It would not drag
the RC down - where a "Hanger" might. Depending on the size of the RC unit,
the "hanger" could make it top heavy! If the RC goes under an item, the
hanger - if not budging "could" cause internal damage when the shock hits
the base. The "RC type" would tend to give and perhaps - "no" damage. I
don't deal with RC stuff enough to get into all "suppliers" but it seems
someone should sell the antennas - maybe a hobby shop. OR get some wire like
Michael suggested and use it - some of the "home remodeling" type stores
seem to sell a variety of wire gauges. Surely there is some out there
somewhere for you to find. Go to a flea market or Hamfest - you may find
some "junk" stuff there from which to pull an antenna from. I see that kind
of stuff all the time.