Posted to alt.home.repair
Howie Howie is offline

Default Snowblower stalls out when warm/hot?

On Dec 14, 11:13 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:54:17 -0800 (PST), Howie
wrote:

I have an old (25++ years old) Canadiana 10 HP Snowblower with a
Tecumseh motor (HM1001590130). It runs ok for a while but after I have
used it for a while (20-30 minutes), it wants to stall out. I can keep
it running if I engage the choke before it stalls, but it mis-fires
fairly bad and is tough to keep running... It is an old machine but
still has pretty good power, until it wants to stall out... Each time
I use the blower, I get most of my snow cleared before it stalls
out....Any ideas?

SPARK PLUG

Hi,
Does it have ignition module? If it does, it may be heat sensitive.
Right after it stalls out,see if it has good spark.

It has electric start, not sure about an ignition module... it is 25++
years old, if this help...