Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

wrote:

How do you cope with this, the paranoia of buying a bottle of milk? -
there MUST be some alternative besides being armed to the teeth...

I've carried spare tires in various vehicles for over a million miles hoping
that I wouldn't have a flat. I've had two and both in my driveway. Why do
I continue to waste time and fuel carrying the spare? Well because if I do
need it and I'm not at home, I really going to need it.

These nutcase's are random acts and get played up in the media. On the same
day drunks and idiots playing with their cell phones killed many more on the
highway and tomorrow the same group will kill as many.

I have a carry permit and I carry. I have no desire to get into a Walter
Mitty shootem up scenario. I also have no desire to have some nut or mugger
end my peaceful existence on this good earth.

From what I've been told you have a category of crime described as hot home
invasion where the robbers break in while you are home. That is not common
here in most of the states and I doubt it happens at all in Texas.

Enjoy your bit of paradise, I'll work on continuing to improve mine. I
believe a society that sanctions citizens to present consequences to those
that transgress, rather than be sheep at slaughter, will prevail.

Wes