Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] posedge52@yahoo.com is offline

Default TFT backlight shuts off after 2 seconds..

On Dec 5, 1:54 am, Not me ) wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:31:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I have a more than one tft screen where the backlight shuts off after
~2 seconds. By turning the monitor off and on again I get the
backlight to work for another 2s.
The screen functionality for the TFT matrix seems ok. And because the
tubes actually gives light even if only for 2s I assume they work. And
conclude it's the backlight inverter pcb.

This pagehttp://www.hackaday.com/2005/11/01/lcd-backlight-replacement/
was my inspriation when I fixed my Sony LCD.
I didn't replace the bulbs, but I did use an external invertor PCB to
drive the bulbs. I used one from a cold cathode case mod kit.

I have considered this path aswell, but the catch is that then you can
no longer adjust brightness..
Any idea on how to solve that ..?